Senior Process Engineer
HyGen Energy is setting the standard for clean hydrogen production, enabling end users to embrace the conversion to hydrogen-powered transportation. With the aim of establishing production-ready sites across the UK, and a wholesale distribution system in place via our affiliates, HyGen Energy is rapidly emerging as the leading clean hydrogen producer in the United Kingdom.
HyGen, supported by key partners, is developing and delivering Renewable Energy Source coupled Electrolysis plants across the UK, with the project pipeline currently at 300MW. Our activities span origination, development, feasibility, concept and front end engineering design, project delivery and operation and maintenance of hydrogen production plants.
HyGen aims to attract high-calibre individuals with a strong understanding of hydrogen projects and a deep appreciation of the underlying technologies and regulatory landscape. Join our team and look forward to:
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- A diverse and inclusive culture driven by trust
- Impactful work in delivering a low-carbon future
About the Role
HyGen Energy are seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join our growing operation in London.
With a number of projects in the feasibility and concept engineering stage, this role will see you take ownership of our process engineering scope of work, ensuring project deliverables are to required quality and safety standards, delivered within project timescales. There will be support by other engineering disciplines, both in-house and out-sourced, and project management functions to ensure interface management is to a high standard.
The role will also entail liaising and coordinating with HyGen’s engineering partners and technology vendors, whilst also supporting in the development of in-house knowledge base, tools and processes. For HyGen projects in the pre-FEED and FEED stage, or the subsequent EPC or EPCm delivery stage, this includes working as a member of the team to manage workstream and deliverables of tier 1 contractors and consultants.
Scope of Work
- In the first instance, review third-party produced engineering deliverables, such as Basis of Design, Block and Process Flow Diagrams, preliminary Heat & Mass Balance calculations and related Process Description and Equipment List, for a series of pipeline projects, with the aim to formulate the deliverables in-house, together with other disciplines’ inputs;
- Support in market engagement with supply chain, e.g. RFI, RFP, RFQ or ITT and associated TBE and technical due diligence, with a focus on technology vendors and service providers;
- Engineering input into, and review of, deliverables during Concept and Front End Engineering Design project phases of on-going projects, produced by third-party consultancy;
- Technical input into Risk Register, Site Layout formulations, FEL-0 TIC Estimates of pipeline projects;
- Provision and review of technical inputs into project techno-economic modelling;
- Understanding of project Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) issues and assure these are being handled correctly in terms of design principles and processes;
- Support HyGen Project and Construction Management functions throughout the project lifecycle, focusing on HSES considerations, engineering design and risk considerations;
- Technical input in definition of HyGen Operation & Maintenance principles and processes, together with third-party consultant support;
- Have and maintain familiarity with UK and EU Hydrogen Regulations, Codes and Standards (RCS), such as ATEX, EMC, PED directives, ISO 15916 safety of hydrogen systems, IEC 60079 explosive atmospheres;
- Support in establishment of Company QMS and associated processes.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- BEng or Master’s degree in Engineering, preferably chemical or process;
- Background in process engineering, in the three to five years range;
- Experience in a relevant industry, ideally in Electrolysis or Fuel Cells, else Industrial Gasses, broader Energy, Oil & Gas or Chemicals sectors;
- Sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of process engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields;
- Sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards, statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Competent use of process engineering specific software;
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
Apply for this job