Senior Project Manager
HyGen Energy is setting the standard for clean hydrogen production, enabling end users to embrace the conversion to hydrogen-powered transportation. With the aim of establishing production-ready sites across the UK, and a wholesale distribution system in place via our affiliates, HyGen Energy is rapidly emerging as the leading clean hydrogen producer in the United Kingdom.
HyGen, supported by key partners, is developing and delivering Renewable Energy Source coupled Electrolysis plants across the UK, with the project pipeline currently at 300MW. Our activities span origination, development, feasibility, concept and front end engineering design, project delivery and operation and maintenance of hydrogen production plants.
HyGen aims to attract high-calibre individuals with a strong understanding of hydrogen projects and a deep appreciation of the underlying technologies and regulatory landscape. Join our team and look forward to:
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- A diverse and inclusive culture driven by trust
- Impactful work in delivering a low-carbon future
About the Role
HyGen Energy are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our growing operation in London.
Reporting to Senior Management, the role will see you take ownership of one, potentially progressing to several, of HyGen’s RES-coupled electrolysis projects with exposure across the entire project lifecycle, from initiation and planning through to close out and handover to operations.
The role will entail some involvement in the development of multiple pipeline projects, liaising and coordinating with HyGen’s engineering partners and technology vendors, alongside development of in-house project management capability and processes, in alignment with the broader Group’s NPIP and other QMS and PM protocols and processes.
Scope of Work
- Lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary project team to deliver electrolysis project(s) to agreed KPIs
- Management of the Project Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitor & Controlling and Close Out Phases, which indicatively includes
- Formulate Project Management Charter and Plan working with Senior Management
- Formulate and maintain Earned Value Management based project controls, such as Schedule and Cost Performance Index (SPI & CPI) metrics, alongside quality controls, with associated variance and trend analyses
- Formulate and maintain a Risk Action Issue and Decision (RAID) Log or equivalent controls
- Project close out, including acceptance of deliverables & procurement documentation and handover to Operations
- Conduct post-project review, incl. documenting lessons learned
- Manage market engagement with supply chain, such as RFP, RFQ or ITT, associated TBE, CBE and due diligence, focusing on technology vendors and service providers
- Management of Concept and Front End Engineering Design project phases, relying on third- party consultant support
- Management of EPC phase of project(s)
- Understand project Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) issues and assure these are being handled correctly
- Maintain good overview of UK legislative framework relating to production, storage and distribution of hydrogen
- Support in establishment of Company QMS, focus on project planning and controls
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Sciences is desirable
- Prior background in project management or project engineering, minimum 3-5 years
- Experience in an appropriate industry, ideally in Electrolysis or Fuel Cell sectors, else Industrial Gasses, Chemical Plants or Renewables
- Familiarity with MS Office suite, including MS Project or equivalent project management software
- Commercial astuteness and understanding of underlying hydrogen project economics
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Project Management accreditation with the PMI, Prince2 or equivalent is desirable
Apply for this job